RAH 2006

The latest incarnation of Random Access Humor. Dave Bealer has been inflicting this insanity on an unsuspecting online public since 1992.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Clerks 2 x 2

Today I did something I rarely do. I saw a film for the second time in the cinema. The last time I did this was way back in 1997 and the film was Men in Black.

Clerks 2 was definitely worth it. When I first saw the film on July 21st there were about fifty people in the theater and I missed a couple lines of dialogue because of people laughing - including me. Today there were about fifteen people in my local mall cineplex and I was able to hear all the dialogue. And what dialogue!

Let's face it, people don't go to see Kevin Smith movies because of the world class directing. Kevin Smith would tell you that himself. But the writing is always first class. And the acting is pretty darn good.

Brian O'Halloran is solid, if not great as Dante. Jeff Anderson is surprisingly stong as Randal. Jeff's reactions completely sell the nonsensical dialogue in one of the funniest scenes, when Elias, our heroes' nerdy coworker explains why he still hasn't had sex with his girlfriend.

Let's talk about Elias for a minute. Trevor Fehrman is totally believable as uber-nerd Elias, the 19-year-old "Funployee of the Month" at Mooby's who still kisses his mom goodbye when she drops him off at work. This hapless kid's victimization by Randal is the stuff of legends. Very funny legends.

Rosario Dawson is excellent as Becky, the manager of Mooby's, and the third part of the standard-issue Dante Hicks love triangle.

Again, if you're a Kevin Smith fan, don't wait for this baby on DVD. Go and see it on the big screen now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home